Training CoursesThe key to increased profitability is increased productivity.
You know this. In fact, increasing your productivity was probably one of the major reasons you purchased your e-automate system. Lack of training can be one of the biggest barriers to increased productivity. You didn’t buy your e-automate system to have it only 50 percent utilized. That’s why Digital Gateway has created the New User E-ssentials, Online essentials, and Advanced essentials training programs.
To access different sections of our new site, please click the appropriate link below.
Training Courses - General Information
Training Policies and Registration
Classroom Training Calendar
Online Training Calendar
Classroom New User Essentials Agenda (PDF)
Online/Video Course Descriptions (PDF)
Course Recommendations Based on Responsibilities (PDF)
New User Essentials
The New User Essentials training program is composed of five different courses for your employees and the varied roles they fulfill in your business. Each course is focused on different e-automate modules to target different employee responsibilities. These courses provide extensive guided practice using your e-automate software.
Here are the courses details:
- Inventory and purchasing essentials – This is a 12 hour course conducted over two days. During this course, inventory and purchasing personnel learn about inventory items, movement, acquisition and management.
- Sales essentials – This is a four hour course conducted on one day. During this course, sales personnel learn about e-automate sales processes.
- Service contract essentials – This is a 12 hour course conducted over two days. During this course, contract personnel learn how to create and bill contracts as well as make corrections to service contracts.
- Service dispatch essentials – This is a four hour course taught on one day. During this course, service personnel learn about how service calls are handled in e-automate.
- Accounting essentials – This is a one day course. During this course your accounting, accounts receivable, and accounts payable personnel learn the details of these accounting areas of e-automate.
- Inventory and purchasing essentials is for personnel who perform and/or manage: Inventory items, purchase orders, receiving, returns, transfers, physical inventory, restock levels, backorders, barcoding, warehouses, and bins.
- Sales essentials is for personnel who perform and/or manage: Sales quotes, sales orders, sales invoices, supply orders, customer returns, equipment leases, and equipment orders.
- Service contract essentials is for personnel who perform and/or manage: Service contracts, renewals, billing, meters and collection, rate increases, contract invoice corrections, and revenue recognition.
- Service dispatch essentials is for personnel who perform and/or manage: Service calls, call dispatching, call invoicing, and incomplete calls.
- Accounting essentials is for personnel who perform and/or manage: Accounts receivable, accounts payable, cashbook, general ledger, and revenue recognition.
Note: Above times are meant to be a general time guide. Any regional training offering times are subject to change based on location. Digital Gateway confirms exact times in confirmation emails.
While not recommended we are aware that some companies will send an employee to all new user essential courses during one week. We offer a word of caution here, e-automate is simple and easy to use but the sheer volume of information is near impossible for any one employee to handle and retain in one week. We recommend different users with different responsibilities attend the appropriate courses. This is the chance for your employees to learn your e-automate system inside and out, allowing you the maximum benefits your investment has to offer. Carefully select the employees to attend each course. Companies with e-automate trained professionals operating the system are sure to see productivity — and consequently, profitability — increase dramatically and rapidly.
Advanced essentials is composed of a series of online courses taught at a variety of times throughout the year. Advanced essentials courses are Gold level courses and are available to customers who are on H.E.L.P., Gold, Gold Plus and all Platinum Training plans at no additional charge. The advanced e-ssentials online courses are:
- e-admin (e-automate’s server program)
- Inventory and Purchasing Administration
- Sales Administration
- e-info Configuration
- Accounting Administration
- Service Adminsitration
- Contracts Administration
- e-automate Feature Administration
Online Essentials (Live Webinars and Learning Videos)
Online essentials is a suite of 30 online courses meant to augment your e-automate knowledge. Online courses are ideal for learning specialized features, newly released features, or other Digital Gateway products like, Digital Task Force. Below is an example of online training courses. For a complete list of courses currently being offered see the online training calendar.